Monday, July 23, 2012

Subscription Saturday-July Beauty Army Review

If you follow my YouTube channel, you know I am a big beauty subscription junkie.  I've discovered a few new ones here and there and have my favorites but there are some disappointments.  Beauty Army seems to be one of those unfortunately.  Beauty Army is $12 a month and originally appealed to me because you get to pick six samples out of nine options that they pick for you based on your beauty profile.  If you do not like any of your options, you can skip. Here is the link to check it out:
https://beautyarmy.com/

So my main complaint with Beauty Army has been the size of the samples and the selections I've been given.  My first month, I was provided with not much to choose from other than lots of perfume samples and little one use packets.  My second month had some men's products and some duplicate samples from the prior month.  So based on those selections, I wasn't too impressed.  The first month also took a really long time to ship.  I made my selections on the 4th and my box didn't arrive until nearly the 21st.  However, I should note that they very recently revamped the site and are looking to improve some things so I'm looking ahead to August to see how things will go.

So this is a picture of the July Box.  In this box was the following:
1. LA Fresh Oil Free Face Cleanser-1 wipe
2. fiafini divine hydration moisturizer .17 oz
3. Vita K Professional for Spider Veins-3 oz
4. cellCeuticals biomedical skin treatment-SPF 55+-.33 fl oz
5. Macadamia Natural Oil-Healing Oil Treatment for Hair-1 fl oz
6. Kellett Moisturizing Gel-.1 fl

1. LA Fresh Oil Free Face Cleanser-1 wipe  A set of 75 is 24.99 so one wipe is 33 cents.  I have not yet tried this but I do like the ease of facial wipes for washing your face.  I just wish maybe they provided more than 1 wipe to try so I could really know if I like the product. 
http://lafreshgroup.com/best-sellers/eco-beauty-oil-free-face-cleanser-home-away-set.html

2. Fiafini Divine Hydration Moisturizer .17 oz: A full size is 1.7 oz and costs 38.50 so this packet is worth $3.85.  I again haven't tried it nor heard about this brand before but it is Vegan and has been featured in Cosmo.  However, again, very hard to get a grasp on a product, especially a moisturizer if you can only get one use out of a foil packet.
http://www.fiafini.com/our-products/divine-hydration-moisturizer

3. Vita K Professional for Spider Veins-3 oz.  I guess this is where they make up for the packets as I was given a full size and it is worth $14.99.  Do I have a huge spider vein problem?No not really fortunately but I wanted a larger size women's product and this seemed like a good selection.  I've tried this once and it is quite thick but goes on smooth.  I don't know the effect it has on spider veins but I would assume it temporarily diminishes their appearances.
http://www.freemanbeauty.com/product/spider-veins-treatment-vita-k

4.cellCeuticals biomedical skin treatment-SPF 55+-.33 fl oz I've heard some good things about cellCeuticals so I am excited to try this out.  It has a good SPF and I should get a few uses out of it.  The full size is 2fl oz. and the cost for the full size is $45 so the sample is worth $7.43. 
http://www.dermstore.com/product_PhotoDefense+Anti-PhotoAging+Daily+Skin+Protector+SPF+55%2B+++PA%2B%2B%2B_35208.htm

5. Macadamia Natural Oil-Healing Oil Treatment for Hair-1 fl oz Again I have not yet tried this one (the problem with doing so may sample groups is sometimes you have a lot of samples waiting in the wings so it can take a while to try) but I've heard nothing but rave reviews on this some even saying it is better than Morocco Oil so I think this well be great for my thick hair.  This version actually goes for $13.50 on Ulta so this is a pretty good selection now that I see more
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2223358&productId=xlsImpprod2530247&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat1050001%20cat10002

6.Kellett Moisturizing Gel-.1 fl  Again, this is a very small one use sample that, especially with skincare, will be hard to know how effective the product will be. This is a balance between anti-aging and anti acne which is good for women in their mid 20s to 30s who need a fine line between the two.   The full size is actually quite expensive as it costs $95 for 1.7 fl oz of the product.  Therefore, the .1 fl oz product is $5.59.  On an expensive product like this, I wouldn't expect the sample to be very large. 
http://www.kellettskincare.com/Page.asp?PageID=924&ContentID=1043

So the total retail of the products received is $45.69 which is actually much more than I expected.  I'll definitely give them more of a chance in August and actually am a little bit more impressed now that I know the retail of the products was actually more than I thought for the $12 paid.  Perhaps if my August selections are better and I can get some immediate use out of some of the products, it will be more of one of my favorites.

Let me know if you have any questions on Beauty army and I'll do my best to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment