Sunday, July 15, 2012

Style Sundays-Sundress for Easy Summer Fashion

It is a running joke with my friends that once May hits, my jeans go into hibernation and you always see me in a dress.  My closet looks like this picture but multiply that by about 10.  My outfit selection is quite simple, I have all my dresses lined up and each summer day I just go along and wear the next one in the lineup....I must admit I am a sundress addict!

There is a reason though, no matter how you feel, how little sleep you had the night before, the sundress is the fastest and easiest way to look pulled together and adorable.  I know there are lots of other various styles out there that I've tried to adopt or work into my wardrobe, but no matter what, I always go back to the tried and trued style of the summer/sundress.  There are just so many different styles: maxi, slip, tube dress etc. that the possibilities are endless.  And you can totally change the look: dress it down with flip flops and a ponytail or glam it up with wedges and jewelry and your hair done.  You can rock the look to concerts, brunch, dinner out with the girls....doesn't matter...you'll always look cute.  Not too mention they are so freakin comfortable(for the most part).  I update new styles each summer and clean out some of the outdated ones before the season but no matter what I do, the collection seems to take up the majority of my closet....and I go through a bit of a mourning period when fall hits and then..OH WAIT...add a sweater and a cute pair of boots...and you can wear them just a little bit longer.

Summer dresses really my favorite summer style and I hope it is a fashion that sticks around for a long time (it is a pretty timeless and classic trend so I have faith it will stick around).  My only problem is I only get to wear my favs a few times each summer....maybe I need to move somewhere with perma warm weather?

How do you rock the summer dress, is it your go to staple when the weather heats up like mine?  What's your favorite style!  Feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment