Monday, July 16, 2012

Makeup Mondays--Makeup when its 90+ degrees out

It's been hecka hot this summer..where I live and all over the country.  And this heat has been causing some issues when it comes to my makeup routine....no one wants to look like the wax figurine that got too close to the flame and their face is dripping off...okay maybe that is too graphic but still, makeup in this heat is tough!!

The solution?  Keep it simple, put the foundation away for the summer and find lightweight formulas that absorb easily.  My routine is rather simple.  I start off by mixing a bronzing solution into my daily moisturizer (I like Murad absolute bronzing boost SPF 15 $38).  This gives the skin a healthy glow and improves the tone of the skin without using a heavy cream, concealer or foundation.  I then use a tinted primer (again Murad, skin perfecting Primer Acne and Shine Control, $35).  I then use a light mineral based powder to reduce shine (try Stila Set and Correct ($34) or Mineralogie Invisibly Matte Powder ($38).  If your skin type can take a bronzer and you would like a little more color, brush a light bronzer over where the sun naturally hits.  Then use a basic blush to give cheeks a tint of pink.  (I like physicians formula Happy Booster™ Glow & Mood Boosting Blush $11.95.  Next use a simple stain on your lips and cover with a sheer gloss.  Use a goldish or light color on your eyelids and keep simple with mascara. 

And my (not so secret) finishing tip? Skindinavia Finishing Spray ($19.00)  This stuff has shocked me!  It really helps set your makeup and keep it from melting, smudging etc.  So when the mercury climbs and you worry about looking as fresh and fantastic as you always do...just remember...keep it simple!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment